Bishop Godfrey met with the clergy in Lima May 27, 2010 to review the earlier Diocesan Goals. He asked them to rethink these goals in the light of what God has been doing in Peru. The document below is the result. I have included an earlier narrative version in the Vision Page of this blog and will amend that accordingly. Meanwhile I wanted to get this before our Friends of Peru.
GOALS IN THE THREE MAIN AREAS
1. DEVELOPING VITAL CHURCHES
- Evaluation of ministry and ministers.
- Discipleship and leadership development;
- Social and spiritual transformation;
- Holistic mission;
- Social outreach, evangelism and church planting;
- Spider parish model;
- Catechesis (children, youth, adults)
- Development of middle-class ministry;
- Anglican identity.
2. EQUIPPING AND TRAINING LEADERS
Focus on providing well-educated future leadership at diocesan level (including highly qualified potential bishops) who can also serve on the wider Anglican stage;
- The 40 Year Plan;
- Accreditation of the Seminary courses (Christ Church Anglican University, Canterbury?)
- Possibility of on site Doctor of Ministry.
- Ongoing courses for clergy: emphasis on discipleship training; Anglican studies; holiness and spiritual maturity.
- Development of current teaching curriculum program: to include holistic mission and work among the poor;
- Leadership and character building.
- Greater coordination in the discernment of candidates for ordination.
- Development of studies by extension for new regions.
3. PLANTING CHURCHES AND OPENING NEW REGIONS
- Develop the vision of pro-dioceses and missionary bishops.
- First missionary bishop in South-Central Region (Ica, Ayacucho, Huancayo).
- Passion for the lost.
- Division of the country into Missionary Regions.
- Vision of future Province of the Andes.